Often times Wellington home sellers are uncertain if they should list their home for sale while it is tenant occupied or wait until the lease is up and the tenants have moved out. Since every Wellington home sellers situation is different the answer will be too. In some cases it might be in the sellers best interest to list their home for sale while it is tenant occupied, but other times it is not.
So how do Wellington home sellers determine if they should list their home while it’s tenant occupied or wait until the lease is up?
My recommendation for sellers is to evaluate their individual situation and consider all of the different PRO’S and CON’s, which I’ve listed just a few of the most common ones below.
The PRO’S of listing your Wellington home for sale while it’s Tenant Occupied:
1. The property is generating income.
2. If the home is occupied the chances of vandalism could decrease.
3. The utilities will be on and in most cases are being paid for by the tenant.
4. If it is an income producing property it could appeal to an investor especially if a tenant is already in place.
The CON’S of listing your Wellington home for sale while it’s Tenant Occupied:
1. A tenant could make it difficult for prospective buyers to view.
2. The home may not show well tenant occupied.
3. A buyer may not be willing to close until the tenant vacates the property.
4. A tenant could scare off prospective buyers or provide them with information that could affect a sellers bottom line.
If you are a Wellington homeowner uncertain if you should list your tenant occupied home for sale contact us today and we can analyze your situation together.