Have you ever lived in an apartment and said to yourself “When I buy a house it’s going to have a full sized washer and dryer” or “When I buy a house it’s not going to have 3 flights of steps” or “When I buy my next house it’s going to have a 4th bedroom.”
Before Buyers even become real Buyers they already have a list in their head of what they WANT in their next home, but a majority of these Buyers also have a longer list of what they DON’T WANT.
We all know everyone wants the best house they can afford on the prettiest manicured street, with friendly neighbors, but does anyone know what Buyers DON’T WANT?
Here are the 3 most common things Wellington FL Home Buyers have told me they DON’T WANT in a home:
1. Closed Floorplan: Open floorplans are in high demand:
- They typically make a home feel bigger
- If the floorplan is open the likelihood of the ceilings being vaulted is greater, which makes the room feel bigger
2. Backing to a Road: Most Wellington buyers do not want a home that backs to a road for several reasons.
- They have children or animals they are concerned will escape into traffic.
- They don’t want to hear the traffic noise
- They are concerned the road might be expanded and become even closer to their backyard
3. Frame Construction: Being in South Florida a majority of my clients want a CBS (Concrete Block Structure) home, their reasoning’s:
- Homeowners insurance is typically less on a CBS built home
- Potential damage from a hurricane may be less
- Termites may be limited
So why is this information important? The main reason is resale value. Even though you might not mind backing to a road, the next person who’sconsidering buying your house might. It is extremely important to always keep resale value in mind when buying a home. Yes, most Buyers have no intention of ever moving, but things happen along the way that might force you to sell your home. Therefore it is extremely important to not only buy a home that meets your needs, but keep in mind the potential needs of a future buyers.
So what DON’T YOU WANT in a Home?