Rentals in today’s real estate market are much like the homes for sale in Wellington Florida, if they are priced right and in good condition they will rent quickly.
Below are tips for renting a home in Wellington Florida along with what you should expect as a prospective tenant. However, every prospective landlord/management company will have different requirements, but in my experience, these are the most common.
What to Expect When Renting a Home in Wellington Florida
- Expect to fill out a Rental Application.
- Expect to have your credit history pulled.
- Expect to have a background check.
- Expect to be interviewed.
- Expect to provide paycheck stubs.
- Expect to put down First Month’s Rent, Last Month’s Rent, and a security deposit (typically equal to one month’s rent depending on credit).
- Expect your options to be limited if you have a pet(s), especially if they exceed 15-25 pounds.
- If you have a pet expect to pay a non-refundable pet deposit, in my experience the average is $250-$500 per pet.
- Expect to pay an application fee if there is a Condo or Homeowners Association.
Tips for Renting a Home in Wellington Florida
- Be honest
- Start your rental search 30-45 days prior to your move date. Most properties listed in the MLS are looking for immediate occupancy or within 30 days.
- Write a letter to your prospective landlord telling them about yourself. If you have bad credit explain why you have bad credit.
- If you have a pet include them in your letter and provide pictures. If they’ve done any obedience training include that documentation as well.
- Try to see new rental listings the day they are listed.
If you need assistance finding a rental in Wellington Florida start the process today by completing our rental questionnaire below. Once received we will do a custom search based on your specific needs and e-mail you the results.