Realtors Guide to Wellington Real Estate
Learn all about the Wellington Florida area and real estate market by top Wellington, FL Realtor, Michelle Gibson with the Hansen Real Estate Group Inc. As a Wellington resident selling real estate since 2001 I know first hand what this “great hometown” has to offer. There are very few Wellington FL real estate agents that have the track record and knowledge that I do, so if you are a buyer thinking about relocating to Wellington, Florida I’d love the opportunity to show you why it’s such a great place to live, work and play. If you are looking to sell your home in Wellington I would welcome the opportunity to show you how I obtain top dollar for my real estate listings in the shortest amount of time.
The Village of Wellington is one of South Florida’s most desirable communities to call home and is located in the western part of Palm Beach County Florida. While it’s known around the world as the Winter Equestrian Capital, it’s also known for having top rated public schools, an abundance of parks, weekly community events, upscale shopping and fine dining. In 2010 Wellington was named the “Top 100” Best Places to Live by Money Magazine and again in 2016 by Time Money.
Wellington FL Real Estate
If you’re in the market to buy real estate in Wellington, FL, you will find a number of residential options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for an equestrian horse farm, luxury estate home, single family home, townhome or condo as a Wellington FL Realtor I can help you find exactly what you’re looking for!
While the first homes were built before major construction started in 1971 it’s rare to find homes built prior to the mid-1970’s. Wellington offers guard gated, unman gated and non-gated communities throughout. Lot sizes vary from development to development, but the average lot size in gated communities is less than 1/4 acre while non-gated communities tend to offer at least 1/4 acre to well over 1 full acre. To date, Wellington only has two active adult 55+ communities; Mayfair, a gated condo community and Buena Vida, an upscale guard gated single family home community.
The village has been attracting people from all over the world for decades. Whether you’re a polo enthusiast or a family looking for a great place to raise your family Wellington has something for everyone. It is newer and in some cases real estate is more affordable than other parts of Palm Beach and Broward County.
Realtors in Wellington FL will tell you the strength in housing is providing a decent size home for a more reasonable price than other parts of South Florida. You can get a home in Wellington while spending less money and still have an easy commute. The village’s proximity to West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami has made it a coveted destination for commuters looking to get out of the city and into a nice suburban location. Wellington real estate agents understand this is a big draw for those relocating from other areas in Florida and out of state.
Wellington was originally the world’s largest strawberry patch until the 1950’s when Charles Oliver Wellington, an accountant from New York, bought 18,000 acres of swampland. It was purchased through his real estate agent, Arthur William “Bink” Glisson, and named it Flying C.O.W Ranch. “Flying” because Wellington was an aviator, who once used Flying Cow Road as a landing strip for his planes, and C.O.W. for his initials.
Shortly after Wellington purchased the swampland it went from waterlogged to fertile farmland when the State of Florida passed legislation creating the Acme Drainage District in 1953, which provided drainage and flood control. Wellington served as the first Chairman of Acme Drainage District until his death in 1959 and Bink was the first employee and general manager. Once the property was suitable for agriculture, tracts were sold or leased to farmers in the 1960’s, which is when Wellington became the world’s largest strawberry patch.
While Wellington was populated in the 1950’s major construction did not begin until the first 7,400 acre tract of land was sold in 1971. In 1972 Wellington was approved by Palm Beach County as a planned unit development and “officially” born on December 31, 1995 when it was incorporated.
Housing and Population Statistics
As of 2014, the population was over 61,000 people according to the U.S. Census Bureau making it the 5th largest municipality in Palm Beach County by population. The population tends to increase during “season,” which is from January to April, but more and more people are starting to take up residency as early as October.
Geography and Climate
Located in the western communities of Palm Beach County Florida, Wellington has a total area of 45.59 square miles, most of which is land. It offers easy access to the Florida Turnpike, Palm Beach International Airport and is only 15 miles away from the Atlantic Ocean. It is also a short drive away from downtown West Palm Beach, CityPlace, less than 90 minutes from Ft. Lauderdale/Miami and roughly 3 hours from Orlando.
Wellington Florida has beautiful weather year round! The “hot season” lasts for 4 months from May 29th to September 29th with an average temperature in the mid 80’s while the “cool season” lasts for almost 3 months from December 5th to March 1st with the average temperature in the 70’s, but temperatures do occasionally drop into the 40’s.
According to Sperling’s Best Places Wellington’s unemployment rate is 4.10%, with job growth of 1.94% and future job growth is predicted to be 39.79% over the next 10 years. Wellington has a 6% sales tax rate, 0% income tax rate and a median household income of $81,000.
Population by Occupation
- Sales, office, administrative support 28.66%
- Management, business, finance 18.99%
- Healthcare practitioners and technology 9.88%
- Education, library 5.99%
- Production, transportation, material moving 5.71%
- Construction, extraction, maintenance/repair 4.99%
- Engineering, computers, science 4.28%
- Personal care 4.03%
- Firefighters, law enforcement 3.51%
- Healthcare support 2.61%
- Arts, design, media, sports, entertainment 2.51%
- Building maintenance 2.02%
- Legal 1.70%
Wellington, FL Schools
The School District of Palm Beach County serves Wellington, which offers some of the best public schools in the entire state of Florida. It currently has 6 elementary schools, 3 middle schools and 2 high schools most of which have an “A” rating.
- Binks Forest Elementary | 15101 Bent Creek Road, Wellington, Florida 33414 | 561-792-5250
- Elbridge Gale Elementary | 1915 Royal Fern Drive, Wellington, Florida 33414 | 561-422-9300
- Equestrian Trails Elementary | 9720 Pierson Road, Wellington, Florida 33414 | 561-791-9300
- New Horizons Elementary | 13900 Greenbriar Boulevard, Wellington, Florida 33414 | 561-795-4966
- Panther Run Elementary | 10775 Lake Worth Road, Wellington, Florida 33449 | 561-804-3900
- Wellington Elementary | 13000 Paddock Drive, Wellington, Florida 33414 | 561-795-4969
Wellington Middle Schools
- Polo Park Middle | 11901 Lake Worth Road, Wellington, Florida 33414 | 561-333-5500
- Emerald Cove Middle | 9950 Pierson Road, Wellington, Florida 33414 | 561-803-8000
- Wellington Landings Middle | 1100 Aero Club Drive, Wellington, Florida 33414 | 561-792-8100
Wellington High Schools
- Palm Beach Central High School | 8499 Forest Hill Blvd, Wellington, Florida 33414 | 561-304-1000
- Wellington High School | 2101 Greenview Shores Blvd, Wellington, Florida 33414 | 561-795-4900
Colleges/ Universities with over 2,000 Students near Wellington FL
- Florida Atlantic University | 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431 | 561-297-3000
- Keiser University | 2600 N Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL 33409 | 561-478-5500
- Lynn University | 3601 N Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431 | 561-237-7000
- Palm Beach Atlantic University | 901 S Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 | 888-468-6722
- Palm Beach State College | 4200 S Congress Avenue, Lake Worth, FL 33461 | 561-967-7222
Area Parks & Facilities
Wellington has 87 acres dedicated to parks, facilities, memorials, nature preserves and a boat ramp. Some of these locations offer softball/baseball fields, batting cages, soccer fields, playgrounds, pavilion/picnic areas, sand volleyball courts, basketball courts, shuffleboard courts and more.
- Aero Club | 2675 Greenbriar Boulevard
- Amesbury | 2100 Amesbury Circle | Greenview Shores 2
- Azure | 949 Azure Avenue | Sugar Pond Manor
- Berkshire | 12181 Old Country Road S | Pinewood East 2
- Block Island | 1210 Block Island Road | Lakeside Shores
- Brampton Cove | 13446 Northumberland Circle | Greenview Shores 1
- Dorchester Place | 1679 Dorchester Place | Greenview Shores 2
- Essex | 1250 Essex Drive | South Shore
- Farmington | 1611 Goodwood Terrace | Greenview Shores 2
- Field of Dreams | 12800 Peconic Court | South Shore
- Foresteria | 903 Foresteria Avenue | Sugar Pond Manor
- Goldenrod | 1042 Goldenrod Road | Sugar Pond Manor
- Greenbriar | 2975 Greenbriar Boulevard
- Little Ranches | 10 Little Ranches Trail
- Margate | 12771 Buckland Street | Greenview Shores 2
- Mystic Way | 1100 Mystic Way | South Shore
- Olympia | 9830 Stribling Way
- Primrose | 1620 Primrose Lane | Sugar Pond Manor
- Rotary Peace Park | 1825 Royal Fern Drive
- Scott’s Place | 12190 Forest Hill Boulevard
- Staimford | 13599 Staimford Drive | Greenview Shores 2
- Summerwood Circle | 1073 Summerwood Circle | Eastwood
- Tiger Shark Cove | 13800 Greenbriar Boulevard
- Village Park | 11700 Pierson Road | 561-791-4005
- Wellington Community Park | 3401 South Shore Boulevard
- Wellington Dog Park | 2975 Greenbriar Boulevard
- Wellington Green | 2175 Wellington Green Drive
- Yarmouth | 13829 Sheffield Street | Greenview Shores 2
Wellington Facilities, Memorials and Preserves
- Amphitheater | 12100 Forest Hill Boulevard | 561-753-2484
- Aquatics Complex | 12072 Forest Hill Boulevard | 561-791-4770
- Neil S. Hirsch Boys and Girls Club | 1080 Wellington Trace | 561-790-0343
- Patriot Memorial | 12198 Forest Hill Boulevard
- Peaceful Water Sanctuary | 11676 Pierson Road
- Pine Valley Preserve | 1465 Birkdale Drive
- Skate Park | 11700 Pierson Road
- Tennis Complex | 3100 Lyons Road
- Veterans Memorial | Forest Hill Boulevard & South Shore Boulevard
- Wellington Community Center | Center 12150 Forest Hill Boulevard | 561-753-2484
- Wellington Environmental Preserve | 3491 Flying Cow Ranch Road
- Wellington Library | 1951 Royal Fern Dr | 561-790-6070
Wellington offers programs for ALL AGES! In addition to having great youth programs like; soccer, football and cheerleading, they also have great adult and senior programs like; softball, yoga, needlecraft, bingo and more.
Events and Entertainment
Every week Wellington does an amazing job putting together different events and they go all out for the holidays! A majority of the events take place during the evening and are open to the general public. Some of these events include the Food Truck Invasion, FREE Movie Night and FREE Concert Night.
As the Winter Equestrian Capital of the World Wellington offers world class equestrian activities and events, like show jumping, dressage and polo during season, which runs from January to April. There are over 57 miles of equestrian trails providing plenty of room for our equestrian friends to roam. These trails have also been designed for multi-purpose use such as running, biking and hiking.
- Wellington Regional Medical Center | 10101 Forest Hill Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414 | 561-798-8500
- Palms West Hospital | 13001 Southern Blvd, Loxahatchee, FL 33470 | 561-798-3300
- South Shore Animal Hospital | 12160 S Shore Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414 | 561-296-7724
- South Shore Dentistry | 12012 S Shore Blvd #101, Wellington, FL 33414 | 561-333-4901
- Palm Tran Bus Service
- Taxi Services
- Limousine Services
Places of Worship
Wellington Florida offers many places of worship throughout the community.
- First Baptist Church | 12700 W Forest Hill Blvd | 561-793-5670
Catholic – Roman Catholic
- St Rita Catholic Church| 13645 Paddock Drive | 561-793-8544
- St Therese De Lisieux Catholic | 11800 Lake Worth Road | 561-784-0689
- St David in the Pines Episcopal Church | 465 W Forest Hill Blvd | 561-793-1976
- Temple Beth Torah-Reform | 900 Big Blue Trace | 561-793-2649
- St Michael Lutheran Church |1925 Birkdale Drive | 561-793-4999
- St Peters United Methodist | 12200 W Forest Hill Blvd| 561-798-3286
Non-Denomination, Interdenominational and Multi-Culture
- Calvary Chapel Wellington | 12165 Forest Hill Blvd | 561.603.1334
- Life Church TV | 3061 State Road 7 | 561-793-6889
- Trinity West | 3340 Fairlane Farms Road | 561-296-2110
- Wellington Presbyterian Church | 1000 Wellington Trace | 561-793-1007
Shops and Restaurants
Residents once had to drive miles for shopping and dining, but that is no longer the case. Not only does Wellington have one of the best malls in Palm Beach County, The Mall at Wellington Green, it also has many other popular shops and dining establishments
- Mall at Wellington Green | 10300 W Forest Hill Blvd | 561-227-6900
- Super Target | 5900 Florida 7 | 561-273-8259
- Wal-Mart Supercenter | 9990 Belvedere Road | 561-795-0017
Grocery and Pharmacy
- Whole Foods | 2635 S State Rd 7 | 561-904-4000
- Trader Joe’s | 2877 S State Rd 7 | 561-656-1067
- Publix | 11950 West Forest Hill Blvd | 561-422-9640
- Publix | 13880 Wellington Trace | 561-795-8555
- Publix | 9855 Lake Worth Road| 561-966-9111
- Walgreens | 10420 Forest Hill Blvd | 561-791-9218
- Walgreens | 1250 Greenview Shores Blvd | 561-795-0983
- Walgreens | 4125 State Road 7 | 561-304-2403
- Walmart | 4105 S State Road 7 | 561-207-3474
- CVS | 11936 Forest Hill Blvd | 561-793-2126
- CVS | 800 SR 7 | 561-791-2149
- Home Depot | 220 S State Road 7 | 561-793-7048
- Lowes | 103 S State Road 7 | 561-795-3808
- Saito’s Japanese Steakhouse | 10240 Forest Hill Blvd | 561-296-8888
- Chili’s Grill & Bar | 2525 Florida 7 | 561-790-0062
- Panera | 10540 Forest Hill Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414 | 561-333-1330
- Buffalo Wild Wings | 2837 SR 7 | 561-383-8527
- C.R. Chicks | 12020 S Shore Blvd # 500 | 561-296-8855
- PDQ | 2781 SR 7 | 561-210-4350
- Too Jay’s Gourmet Deli | 2605 SR 7 | 561-784-9055
- Cilantro’s Gourmet Deli | 3975 Isles View Dr # 101 | 561-296-6500
- Flanigan’s Seafood Bar and Grill | 2335 SR 7 | 561-422-0988
- Tijuana Flats | 13860 Wellington Trace | 561-784-5554
Wellington Florida Real Estate | Why choose a Top Realtor in Wellington FL?
If you’re thinking about selling your home, townhome, investment property or other Wellington FL Real Estate, allow me guide you through the entire selling process from start to finish.
When interviewing the best Wellington FL Realtors there are many things that should be taken into consideration, such as past track record of success, marketing strategy, availability and communication skills. While putting a SOLD sign on your front lawn is my #1 goal, I also want to make sure selling your home is a smooth and stress-free process for you.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss why I am a well respected Realtor servicing the Wellington Real Estate market and how my client’s homes are featured online.
There are no other Realtors in Wellington FL who are providing the level of online exposure through social media integration or SEO (search engine optimized) results. If you are planning on selling your home, marketing it on the internet is one of my specialties. Not many Realtors are able to make your home seem like it’s “featured” everywhere and when over 90% of buyers find their new home online it’s imperative your home is showcased. So you’ll want to align yourself with a Realtor that puts your home front and center.
Your home will be found in all of the top places online where most buyers are searching for Wellington homes for sale, including this website, which is highly indexed by Google and other search engines. The idea of exceptional real estate marketing does not end with listing it in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) and relying on syndication. I make sure to cover all aspects of online marketing, including websites like Facebook, Google Plus, Linkedin and Twitter to name a few.
Additional things that help my client’s homes stand out include exceptional photography from a high-end camera, detailed descriptions pointing out all the best features your home has to offer along with a video that will be found on Youtube.
If you are in the market to buy a home you will find a number of residential options to choose from in Wellington that should match your lifestyle and budget needs. Whether you’re looking to purchase an affordable single family home or equestrian horse farm in Wellington, FL or sell your Wellington, FL home, let me be your guide to the real estate market as a top Wellington FL real estate agent.
A few of my real estate and life accomplishments that I am proud of include:
- Full-time Realtor since 2001 servicing Wellington FL and the surrounding area
- Real Estate Rookie of the year at Coldwell Banker Residential in 2002
- Re/Max Direct Real Estate Executive Club & Presidents Club in 2005, 2006 and 2007
- Awarded Top Listing & Selling Realtor for Hansen Real Estate Group Inc. in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Member of National Association of Realtors
- Member of the Realtors Association of the Palm Beaches
- Member of Beaches MLS – Multiple Listing Service in Palm Beach County
- Member of Real Estate Masterminds
I have been listing and selling real estate in and around Wellington Florida since 2001. Call or send me an email so we can discuss how I can best serve your Wellington FL Real Estate needs!
Michelle Gibson – Realtor Wellington FL
Hansen Real Estate Group Inc.
Connect with Michelle’s Wellington Real Estate profile on Google+ and Facebook
Other Wellington Real Estate Resources
- Village of Wellington Florida | Official Village of Wellington Website
- Palm Beach County School Board | Official Palm Beach County School Board Website
- Wellington Florida Real Estate | Official Wellington Real Estate Website for Michelle Gibson, Realtor
See all Wellington FL homes for sale at the link provided below.
Map of Wellington Florida Real Estate
Lot Size8,799 sqft
Home Size1,720 sq ft
Days on Market2
Home Size1,860 sq ft
Days on Market3
Lot Size7,779 sqft
Home Size1,630 sq ft
Days on Market3
Lot Size11,920 sqft
Home Size2,309 sq ft
Days on Market4
Lot Size11,249 sqft
Home Size1,678 sq ft
Days on Market16
Lot Size10,605 sqft
Home Size1,746 sq ft
Days on Market16
Home Size1,616 sq ft
Days on Market16
Lot Size11,250 sqft
Home Size1,821 sq ft
Days on Market23
Lot Size6,160 sqft
Home Size1,639 sq ft
Days on Market59
Lot Size3,224 sqft
Home Size1,997 sq ft
Days on Market63
See all Wellington Florida Homes for Sale Under $350,000.
(all data current as of 1/17/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
The homes for sale you see above are part of what make Wellington great. If you need a real estate agent for Wellington Florida, I would love the opportunity to interview with you.
*All information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed
Realtor Wellington FL | Real Estate Agent Wellington Florida | Wellington Florida Real Estate