Realtors Guide to Lake Worth Real Estate
Lake Worth FL Realtor | Real Estate Agent Lake Worth Florida
Learn all about the Lake Worth Florida area and real estate market by Lake Worth Realtor, Michelle Gibson with the Hansen Real Estate Group Inc. As a Palm Beach County resident who has been selling real estate since 2001, I know firsthand what this great town has to offer.
There are very few Lake Worth FL real estate agents that have the track record and knowledge that I do. So if you are a buyer thinking about relocating to Lake Worth Florida I’d love the opportunity to show you why it’s such a great place to live, work, and play. If you are looking to sell your home in Lake Worth I would welcome the opportunity to show you how I obtain top dollar for my real estate listings in the shortest amount of time.
The City of Lake Worth is located along the coast in Palm Beach County Florida. While the incorporated City of Lake Worth is predominantly east of I-95 unincorporated Lake Worth extends west of the Florida Turnpike and SR-7 (441). Many residents refer to the western part of unincorporated Lake Worth as West Lake Worth or Lake Worth Corridor.
While incorporated and unincorporated Lake Worth seem like one and the same they are not especially when it comes to finances and governance. Unincorporated areas will be subject to county taxes and fees. While incorporated areas will be subject to county taxes and fees, plus city taxes and fees. The services, such as utilities and emergency protection will vary as well, they may come from county or local resources. Unincorporated areas will be governed by the Board of County Commissioners. While incorporated will be governed by the County Commission in addition to the cities local government body.
Lake Worth FL Real Estate
If you’re in the market to buy real estate in Lake Worth FL, you will find a number of residential options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a waterfront estate home, single-family home on a golf course, a luxury townhome, or an active adult 55+ condo as a Lake Worth FL Realtor I can help you find exactly what you’re looking for!
Homes built in the early 1900s in the City of Lake Worth aren't uncommon. However, the further west you head into unincorporated Lake Worth the newer the properties become. Popular communities in West Lake Worth like Smith Farm and Winston Trails were built in the mid-1990s to the early 2000s. However, there are even newer communities like The Fields and Andalucia, which started construction in 2018. From old and historic to new and modern Lake Worth has an array of properties to choose from.
Lake Worth has so many great neighborhoods and communities to choose from. There are golf course communities, communities with land, gated communities, non-gated communities, age-restricted communities, historic communities, luxury condo communities. You name it Lake Worth definitely has it, which is why it's one of the most popular areas in Palm Beach County.
In 1885, former slaves Fannie A. Jones James and her husband Samuel James filed a Homestead Act claim for 187 acres of land on the shores of the Lake Worth Lagoon. Over time, Fannie and Samuel James acquired a few hundred more acres of land---which they sold in 10 and 20-acre parcels to investors and new settlers. Fannie James ran a prosperous pineapple farm. Fannie also served as the postmaster for the Jewell post office. The Jewell post office was a vital resource for homesteaders who had settled in the rustic areas around Lake Worth that lacked modern roads.
Lucerne Becomes Lake Worth Florida
In 1896, the extension of Henry Flagler's railway from West Palm Beach to Miami inspired developer Bryant & Greenwood to suggest that the town on the shores of Lake Worth should be called Lucerne. The United States Postal Service informed the leaders of the fledgling town that there was already a town called Lake Lucerne near Miami. The town leaders decided to name their new town Lake Worth, in honor of the lakeshore where the town was initially founded.
Lake Worth Florida's Expansion
In the early 1900s, Lake Worth, Florida expanded significantly. By 1912, there were 308 residents, 125 houses, a school, a library, and a Chamber of Commerce. So many new residents were moving in, the town leaders decided to expand and incorporate some new land. The expansion included a boat dock, numerous luscious palm trees, and a park. Farmers from across the United States flocked to Lake Worth because the warm climate allowed them to farm during the winter. In the 1920s, the lavish Gulf Stream Hotel was constructed. Lake Worth become a hotspot for visitors looking to relax in the Sunshine State.
A Diverse Town
In 1928, Lake Worth, Florida suffered significant hardship after the town sustained heavy hurricane damage. In the 1930s, The Great Depression caused a severe economic downturn which compounded the town's woes. After World War II, Lake Worth steadily rebounded and attracted people from all over the world. Lake Worth is home to numerous restaurants, beer halls, and festivals that reflect the town's diverse cultural heritage. Lake Worth hosts South Florida's largest Oktoberfest, and a week-long festival that celebrates Finnish culture.
Lake Worth Florida Today
In recent years, Lake Worth, Florida has flourished. Art Galleries, nightclubs, and charming cafes attract visitors from all over Florida and beyond---much like the Gulf Stream Hotel (which is still standing) did back in the 1920s. Downtown Lake Worth hosts a popular Street Painting Festival. Lake Worth features some lovely Art Deco buildings, including the Lake Worth Playhouse. Located 63 miles north of downtown Miami, and bordering West Palm Beach---Lake Worth is a town of 39,000 people that is bursting with culture. Palm trees, African tulip trees, and eucalyptus line the streets of sunny Lake Worth---which, thanks to a 2019 ballot initiative---will change its name to Lake Worth Beach in coming years.
Unincorporated Lake Worth
While the city limits of Lake Worth never expanded unincorporated Lake Worth has over the years. It now expands all the way out to Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge and Wellington Florida. While this charming little city is still close to these western communities they are very different.
Housing and Population Statistics
The City of Lake Worth has approximately 39,000 residents. However, once you include residents in unincorporated Lake Worth the number of residents skyrockets over 200,000 people.
Geography and Climate
Located in Palm Beach County Florida, Lake Worth has a total area of 6.81 square miles, most of which is land. It offers easy access to I-95, Palm Beach International Airport, and runs along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. It is also a short drive away from downtown West Palm Beach, CityPlace, roughly 60 minutes from Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, and roughly 2 1/2 to 3 hours from Orlando.
Lake Worth Florida has beautiful weather year-round! The “hot season” lasts for 4 months from May 29th to September 29th with an average temperature in the mid to high 80s while the “cool season” lasts for almost 3 months from December 5th to March 1st with the average temperature in the mid 70’s, but temperatures do occasionally drop down into the 40’s.
Lake Worth has a 6% sales tax rate, 0% income tax rate, and a median household income is roughly $44,000. As far as employment there aren't plenty of jobs within the city limits of Lake Worth, but there are even more opportunities close by.
Population by Occupation
- Construction 15.8%
- Administrative 10.6%
- Accommodation & Food Services 10.4%
- Health Care 7.3%
- Educational Services 5.4%
- Arts, Entertainment, Recreation 4.5%
- Professional, Scientific, Technical services 3.7%Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Lake-Worth-Florida.html
Lake Worth FL Schools
The School District of Palm Beach County serves Lake Worth, which offers 12 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 2 high schools.
Lake Worth Elementary Schools
- Baron Elementary School | 1700 Barton Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-540-9100
- Coral Reef Elementary School | 6151 Hagen Ranch Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33467 | 561-804-3700
- Discovery Key Elementary School | 3550 Lyons Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33467 | 561-491-8200
- Hidden Oaks Elementary School | 7685 South Military Trail, Lake Worth, FL, 33463 | 561-804-3800
- Highland Elementary School | 500 Highland Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-202-0500
- Indian Pines Elementary School | 6000 Oak Royal Drive, Lake Worth, FL, 33463 | 561-804-3300
- Manatee Elementary School | 7001 Charleston Shores Blvd, Lake Worth, FL 33467 | 561-357-1800
- North Grade Elementary School | 824 N K St, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-202-9300
- Palm Spring Elementary School | 101 Davis Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33461 | 561-804-3000
- Panther Run Elementary School | 10775 Lake Worth Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33449 | 561-804-3900
- South Grade Elementary School | 716 S K St, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-202-9400
- Starlight Cove Elementary School | 6300 Seminole Drive, Lake Worth, FL, 33462 | 561-804-3600
Lake Worth Middle Schools
- Lake Worth Community Middle School | 1300 Barnett Dr, Lake Worth, FL 33461 | 561-540-5500
- Woodlands Middle School | 5200 Lyons Road, Lake Worth, FL, 33467 | 561-357-0300
Lake Worth High Schools
- Lake Worth Community High School | 1701 Lake Worth Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-533-6300
- Park Vista Community High School | 7900 Jog Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33467 | 561-491-8400
Colleges/ Universities with over 2,000 Students near Lake Worth FL
- Florida Atlantic University | 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431 | 561-297-3000
- Keiser University | 2600 N Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL 33409 | 561-478-5500
- Lynn University | 3601 N Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431 | 561-237-7000
- Palm Beach Atlantic University | 901 S Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 | 888-468-6722
- Palm Beach State College | 4200 S Congress Avenue, Lake Worth, FL 33461 | 561-967-7222
Area Parks & Facilities
Lake Worth has several parks, which offer beach access, playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts, pavilion/picnic areas, walking/biking trails, and more.
Lake Worth Parks
- Bryant Park at Lake Worth Lagoon
- Harold Grimes Memorial Park | Alton Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- Howard Park | 1701 Wingfield St, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- John Prince Park | 2700 6th Ave S, Lake Worth, FL 33461
- Lake Worth Beach Art Park | 11 S L St, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- Lake Worth Beach Park | 10 S Ocean Blvd, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- Lake Worth Recreation | 1699 Wingfield St, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- Lake Woof Dog Park | 1996 Center Dr, Lake Worth, FL 33461
- Northwest Park | 900 22nd Ave N, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- Old Bridge Park | 1973 Lake Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- Picower Boundless Park | 1996 Center Dr, Lake Worth, FL 33461
- Snook Islands Natural Area | 220 Lucerne Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- South Bryant Park | 100 S Golfview Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- South Palm Park
- Spillway Park | 398 Maryland Dr #300, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- Sunset Ridge Parke | 1400 14th Ave N #1766, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- JFK Medical Center | 5301 S Congress Ave, Atlantis, FL 33462 | 561-965-7300
- Palm Beach Veterinary Specialists | 3884 Forest Hill Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33406 | 561-434-5700
- Animal Clinic of West Lake Worth | 6972 Lake Worth Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33467 | 561-439-7600
- Canal Animal Hospital | 501 24th Ave N, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-582-3595
- Lake Osborne Animal Clinic | 1502 Lake Osborne Dr, Lake Worth, FL 33461 | 561-586-2332
- C-Bar Dentistry | 1702 S Dixie Hwy C-1, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-318-8762
- Dr. Manoj Patel DDS | 225 S Federal Hwy, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-585-4447
- Florida Gardens Dental Center | 7378 Lake Worth Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33467 | 561-968-7050
- Jose M. Friman DMD PA General Dentistry | 400 S Dixie Hwy UNIT 13, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-855-4061
- Palm Tran Bus Service
- Taxi Services
- Limousine Services
Shops and Restaurants
An array of shops and restaurants are only minutes away from Lake Worth Florida.
- Palm Beach Outlets | 1751 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd E121, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 | 561-515-4400
- Target | 5900 Lake Worth Rd, Greenacres, FL 33463 | 561-963-3382
- Target | 5900 S State Rd 7, Lake Worth, FL 33449 | 561-273-8259
- Walmart Supercenter | 4545 Hypoluxo Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33463 | 561-642-6005
Grocery and Pharmacy
- Publix | 214 N Dixie Hwy, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-493-5042
- Publix | 5970 S, Jog Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33467 | 561-649-7409
- Publix | 7745 Lake Worth Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33467 | 561-969-3880
- Aldi | 4730 Hypoluxo Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33463
- Winn-Dixie | 6600 Hypoluxo Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33467 | 561-966-2177
- CVS | 101 N Dixie Hwy, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-547-5289
- CVS | 4511 Lantana Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33463 | 561-965-6444
- CVS | 9940 Lake Worth Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33467 | 561-357-8996
- Walgreens | 531 S Dixie Hwy, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-547-9233
- Walgreens | 4475 Melaleuca Ln, Lake Worth, FL 33461 | 561-964-4732
- Walgreens | 4125 S State Rd 7, Lake Worth, FL 33449 | 561-304-2403
- Franako Pharmacy | 400 S Dixie Hwy # 17, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-588-0707
- Home Depot | 4241 Lake Worth Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33461 | 561-642-2626
- Home Depot | 5750 Jog Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33467 | 561-964-2168
- Antojitos Mexicanos La Placita | 401 N Dixie Hwy, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-249-1190
- Bella Pizzeria | 127 N Federal Hwy Ste B, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-545-3035
- Cafe Tecun | 7 N L St, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-260-3404
- Clary's Corner Cafe | 1500 Lucerne Avenue, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-547-7577
- Common Grounds Brew & Roastery | 12 S J St, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-318-8980
- Kuya Henry's Restobar | 720 Lake Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-429-4147
- OKA Sushi & Thai, Ramen | 817 Lake Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-429-4112
- Sofra Mediterranean Cuisine | 821 Lake Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-557-2917
- Victoria's Pisco Lounge | 806 Lake Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-855-7899
- Vincent's Bistro French Bakery | 516 Lucerne Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460 | 561-533-0840
Lake Worth Florida Real Estate
Why choose a Top Realtor in Lake Worth FL?
If you’re thinking about selling your home, townhome, investment property, or other Lake Worth FL Real Estate, allow me to guide you through the entire selling process from start to finish.
When interviewing the top Realtors there are many things that should be taken into consideration, such as past track record of success, marketing strategy, availability, and communication skills. While putting a SOLD sign on your front lawn is my #1 goal, I also want to make sure selling your home is a smooth and stress-free process for you.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss why I am a well-respected Realtor servicing the Lake Worth Real Estate market and how my client’s homes are featured online.
There are no other Realtors in Lake Worth FL who are providing the level of online exposure through social media integration or SEO (search engine optimized) results. If you are planning on selling your home, marketing it on the internet is one of my specialties. Not many Realtors are able to make your home seem like it’s “featured” everywhere and when over 90% of buyers find their new home online it’s imperative your home is showcased. So you’ll want to align yourself with a Realtor that puts your home front and center.
Your home will be found in all of the top places online where most buyers are searching for Lake Worth homes for sale, including this website, which is highly indexed by Google and other search engines. The idea of exceptional real estate marketing does not end with listing it in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) and relying on syndication. I make sure to cover all aspects of online marketing, including websites like Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter to name a few.
Additional things that help my client’s homes stand out to include professional photography, detailed descriptions pointing out all the best features your home has to offer along with a video that will be found on Youtube.
If you are in the market to buy a home you will find a number of residential options to choose from in Lake Worth that should match your lifestyle and budget needs. Whether you’re looking to purchase an affordable single-family home or equestrian horse farm in Lake Worths, FL, or sell your Lake Worth, FL home, let me be your guide to the real estate market as a top Lake Worth FL real estate agent.
A few of my real estate and life accomplishments that I am proud of include:
- Full-time Realtor since 2001 servicing Palm Beach County Florida
- Real Estate Rookie of the year at Coldwell Banker Residential in 2002
- Re/Max Direct Real Estate Executive Club & Presidents Club in 2005, 2006 and 2007
- Awarded Top Listing & Selling Realtor for Hansen Real Estate Group Inc. in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Member of National Association of Realtors
- Member of the Realtors Association of the Palm Beaches
- Member of Beaches MLS – Multiple Listing Service in Palm Beach County
- Member of Real Estate Masterminds
I have been listing and selling real estate in Palm Beach County Florida since 2001. Call or send me an email so we can discuss how I can best serve your Lake Worth FL Real Estate needs!
Michelle Gibson – Realtor Lake Worth FL
Hansen Real Estate Group Inc.
E-mail: [email protected]
Other Lake Worth FL Real Estate Resources
- City of Lake Worth Florida | Official Towne of Lake Worth Website
- Palm Beach County School Board | Official Palm Beach County School Board Website
- Lake Worth Florida Real Estate | Official Lake Worth Real Estate Website for Michelle Gibson, Realtor
See all Lake Worth FL homes for sale at the link provided below.
Map of Lake Worth Florida Real Estate
The homes for sale you see above are part of what makes Lake Worth great. If you need a real estate agent for Lake Worth Florida, I would love the opportunity to interview with you.
*All information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed
Lake Worth FL Realtor | Real Estate Agent Lake Worth Florida | Lake Worth Florida Real Estate