When listing homes for sale in Wellington Florida my number one goal is to obtain top dollar in the shortest amount of time with the best terms, but in order to achieve this Wellington home sellers need to help. If you are a Wellington seller who wants top dollar for your home listen up, here are just a few tips to ensure your home is showing in it’s best possible light.
8 Tips for Obtaining Top Dollar when Listing your Wellington Home for Sale:
1. PRESSURE WASHING: Make sure your roof, house, driveway, sidewalk and patio are pressure washed.
2. WEEDING: Remove weeds from all of your flowerbeds, driveway, sidewalk and patio.
3. TREE TRIMMING: Make sure your trees, hedges and bushes are trimmed.
4. PAINTING: A fresh coat of paint goes along way especially on your front door, interior doors and moldings. Neutral wall colors are best when listing your Wellington home for sale.
5. SMELL: Eliminate strong odors in your home, like the smell of pets, smoke and/or food and remember clean homes do not smell, so avoid using overwhelming air fresheners and candles. Often times the overpowering smell, good or bad, can turn home buyers away.
6. DECLUTTERING: Besides decluttering rooms it is also important to declutter closets, cabinets and garages, home buyers do open doors and look around.
7. REPAIRS: Make all repairs prior to listing your home for sale, both major and minor.
8: UPGRADES: If you plan on making some upgrades prior to listing your Wellington home make sure they are the right ones. Granite counter tops do not make old cabinets that are falling apart disappear.
If you are looking to sell your Wellington Florida home for top dollar contact me today, I’ll walk you through the entire selling process from start to finish and help you obtain top dollar.